Updated July 7, 2021
Manager Production Planning
The Production Planning Manager is responsible for ensuring that material, manpower, and equipment are available to fulfill orders based on customer’s requirements and that planned inventory levels based on predetermined min/max levels are maintained. In addition, this position will work with various internal teams to identify and implement process improvements.
1. Replenish raw materials, work in progress (WIP), and finished goods to satisfy demand based on reorder points and customer orders using enterprise resource planning/materials resource planning (ERP/MRP).
2. Create and schedule the required manufacturing shop orders for items made in-house considering work center capacity, manpower availability, raw material availability, and product category priorities.
3. Create purchase requisitions for raw materials and items made by outside suppliers to ensure optimal production levels. Ensure raw materials are scheduled to be available as required for in-house production requirements.
4. Monitor the shop orders and purchase requisitions for any required changes to the quantities and/or delivery dates, update the manufacturing schedule accordingly.
5. Revise the manufacturing schedules based on changing conditions – quality issues, material shortages, lost business, etc.
6. Maintain communication with all departments regarding scheduling changes, discrepancies, shortages, and information requests.
7. Work with the manufacturing leaders and utilize lean manufacturing principles to continuously improve the execution of schedules on the manufacturing floor, identify bottlenecks, correct problems, and suggest improvements.
8. Ensure bill of material (BOM) and routings are up to date. Work with the Engineering team to implement any required changes.
9. Work with the Customer Service team to ensure the scheduled deliveries will meet customer requirements. Review all orders to coordinate available inventory to ensure maximum line fill.
10. Evaluate the need for changes to inventory levels based on changing conditions, seasonality, new products, etc.
11. Investigate and resolve inventory discrepancies.
12. Allocate raw materials to the appropriate shop orders.
13. Perform internal stock transfers to ensure the various warehouses have the correct inventory levels.
14. Perform other duties as required within the nature and level of work.
A Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years of relevant experience are required. Experience with computerized MRP systems, planning, logistics, and supply chain is required. Strong working knowledge of manufacturing processes and capacity planning is required. Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) and knowledge of lean manufacturing principles are preferred. Experience with Manufacturing Accounting and Production Information Control System (MAPICS) is a plus.
Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint). Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to read and understand manufacturing drawings. Must have strong attention to detail and the ability to multi‐task in a fast‐paced environment. Must have strong communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and written with employees across all levels within the company.
Occasionally required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
General Machine Products, a Klein Tools company, located in Suburban Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is a manufacturer of a wide range of products for the telecommunications, power utility and cable television industries, and the contractors who serve them.
We are currently looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to be located in our Trevose, PA Facility.
The Manufacturing Engineer provides engineering support in the areas of manufacturing processes, process documentation, manufacturing engineering, systems, procedures, equipment, tooling, maintenance, and facilities. This position leads moderate to complex engineering assignments and projects with multiple departmental interactions regarding all manufacturing processes.
- Work safely to prevent on‐the‐job injuries by following Company and OSHA safety rules and regulations, understanding machine safeguards, recognizing and reporting safety hazards, wearing required PPE.
- Provide engineering support, direction, and follow-up in the development of new tooling and fixturing.
- Participate in new tooling and equipment to provide improved manufacturing processes through increased quality and reduced cost.
- Utilize problem‐solving skills to analyze manufacturing difficulties to determine root cause and define corrective actions in support of ongoing operational activities.
- Provide leadership, direction, technical support, training, and assistance to other manufacturing staff members.
- Provide support in the design, documentation, and implementation of manufacturing processes for operating facilities for improvement of production.
- Participate in the use of current processes and the implementation of new processes and applications dedicated to the management of these documents.
- Assist in the implementation of World‐Class Principles such as 6S to improve customer satisfaction and reduce waste.
- Proficient with the use of CAM and CAD systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree and one ﴾1﴿ year experience.
- Must possess basic knowledge of tooling design methods and machine tool programming.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and CAD/CAM software.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written.
- Ability to communicate and work as a team member.
Occasionally required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
General Machine Products, a Klein Tools company, located in Suburban Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is a manufacturer of a wide range of products for the telecommunications, power utility, and cable television industries, and the contractors who serve them.
We are currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to be located in our Trevose, PA Facility.
This is a supporting role in which the individual is responsible for performing engineering analysis to define design requirements, review suitability of materials, and feasibility of proposed processes under daily direction. Requires solid knowledge of engineering fundamentals and principles with a good general understanding of various material properties.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Focus primarily on the engineering development of new product ideas that fuel the future growth of GMP.
- Participate in field visits with Product Marketing to observe end-user installations and uncover unmet needs related to fiber optic cable installations.
- Participate in internal new product ideation brainstorming to develop next-generation product concepts and work to engineer those ideas from concept to commercialization.
- Provide support and engineering insight to product marketing for the development of new product business cases.
- Apply the new product development process to bring the product from feasibility, through development, pilot, and up to launch.
- Prepare and route product documentation including, but not limited to, detailed drawings, Item Masters, Bill of Materials (BOMs), specifications, and inspection criteria as directed.
- Design, develop, prototype, and test product components, sub‐systems, by using principles and techniques of mechanical, electrical, and/or industrial engineering analysis and findings.
- Participate as directed in resolving engineering design, product quality, and testing issues.
- Fulfill benchmark evaluation of competitive or proposed new products as well as ongoing product improvements utilizing proposed processes or material changes.
- Perform engineering analysis and field research to define design requirements for new products.
- Perform quality improvement and cost reduction projects that improve customer satisfaction and profitability. Use problem‐solving skills to analyze engineering difficulties.
- Prioritize work to align with the goals of the department and various project teams.
- Review personal progress within projects on a consistent basis and work to maintain timelines.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET-accredited institution or program with no work experience; or an Engineering degree from a related field and 5 years of relevant work experience in Mechanical Engineering. 3 to 5 years of SolidWorks or other CAD software experience.
Must have strong technical and analytical skills. Must have planning and organizational skills. Must be capable of facilitating projects and solutions on time and within budget. Demonstrated oral and written communication within a team environment.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software is required. Knowledge of machining and other manufacturing processes is a plus.
The Production Associate is responsible for operating manual and CNC equipment, assembly, and packaging. This position is also responsible for maintaining inventory of assembly components within the work area and set up components to complete each assembly assignment.
1. Operate manual and CNC ﴾computer numerical control﴿ metal cutting equipment.
2. Read bill of materials, gather product to assemble kits, and position parts following assembly instructions or blueprints.
3. Assemble product using hand tools/power tools and apply product labeling in the proper areas when applicable.
4. Ensure the product meets all quality and functional requirements.
5. Package product using packaging instructions.
6. Maintain an organized and accurate inventory of kit components within the assigned work cell.
7. Perform minor troubleshooting on equipment.
8. Disassemble products sent back to the facility for repair to replace or salvage parts.
9. Efficiently complete all assembly by the required deadline and standard rate.
10. Keep a clean and organized work area.
11. Practice, promote and support Lean implementation, continuous improvement initiatives, and 5S standards in the assigned work area.
12. Continuously look for ways to improve process flow and eliminate waste.
13. Perform all other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent with at least one ﴾1﴿ year of mechanical work experience.
Ability to work in a team environment. Ability to work with others and independently with minimum supervision.
Occasionally required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
A combination welder prepares materials to be welded (MIG & TIG welding) while also being part of the welding process. As the combination welder, you are expected to weld aluminum and steel depending on the build of the material and product in which you are welding.
1. Responsible for welding metal components to fabricate or repair products within the plant.
2. Create quality welds according to blueprints provided for projects.
3. Prepare product to be welded by grinding, drilling, milling, tapping, and cutting steel/aluminum parts.
4. Responsible for the proper packing, identifying, and moving of all finished products to the proper location.
5. Ensure all equipment is properly set up and used in a safe manner and that company safety measures are being taken with precaution.
6. Performs first-piece inspections as well as all subsequent inspections as required by RMG standards.
7. Perform simple maintenance and repairs as required.
8. Actively participate in cross-train as back up to other areas in the manufacturing plant as needed.
9. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Experience with three (3) years minimum in the welding industry. This position requires intellectual ability in mathematics as well as blueprint readings. This position requires the ability to operate precision measuring devices such as caliper, micrometer, protractors, and tape measures.
Occasionally required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. This position works in a production environment with the risk of injury. Some safety equipment must be worn when working with equipment in the shop. Bending, lifting, and pushing up to 70 pounds is required.
CNC Machine Operator
Sets up and operates a variety of machine shop tools and machines such as radial drill press, lathes, milling machines, punch presses, shapers, and grinders, to machine metal
workpieces such as patterns and machine, tool, or die parts by performing the following duties.
1. Studies blueprint or layout on workpiece to visualize machining required, and plans sequence of operations.
Selects the method of holding the workpiece.
2. Lifts workpiece manually or using hoist, and positions and secures it to holding devices such as machine table,
chuck, centers, or fixture. Verifies workpiece position.
3. Selects feed rate, cutting speed, depth of cut, and cutting tool ﴾bar tool, rotary cutter, or abrasive wheel for each operation.
4. Positions and secures tool in tool holder ﴾chuck, collet, or tool post﴿.
5. Moves controls to position tool and workpiece in relation to each other, and to set feeds, speeds, and depth of cut.
6. Starts machine, turns handwheel to feed tool in the workpiece or vice versa, and engages automatic feeding device.
7. Turns valve handle to start the flow of coolant against tool and workpiece.
8. Observes operation and regulates tool position and action.
10. Verifies conformance of machined workpiece to specifications.
11. Measures, marks, and scribes workpiece to lay out for machining.
12. Devises ways of clamping workpieces and makes special jigs and fixtures as needed. Works on nonmetallic
13. Perform other duties as required.
Shift: 1st and 2nd
High school diploma or GED with a minimum of three (3) years of experience working as a machinist in plastic
injection molding. CNC and Master Cam experience a plus.
Ability to use tool room equipment such as lathes, mills, grinders and have experience working on injection molds.
Ability to read and understand part and tool prints. Ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine
to exact positions. Must have good communication skills and work well within a team. Ability to work productively
with minimum supervision. Ability to use measuring tools and hold tolerances.
Sales Representative in Training
General Machine Products (GMP), a Klein Tools company, located in Suburban Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is a manufacturer of a wide range of products for the telecommunications, power utility, and cable television industries, and the contractors who serve them. We are currently looking for a Sales Representative in training who will start as a Customer Service Representative to be located in our Trevose, PA Facility.
During the training period you will be in the Customer Service Representative position and will:
- Perform order processing, handling, and maintaining customer orders by e-mail, fax, phone, or online portal (EDI).
- Prepare customer orders prior to entry into the computer system, acknowledgment preparation, responses to customer inquiries, and requests for literature or additional product information, and partial or total shipments against customer orders.
- Price and deliver quotes, check the status of customer orders and promised delivery dates by phone, e-mail, or mail.
- Ensure orders are processed and maintained appropriately with approvals and released timely.
- Coordinate with Shipping department to verify customer freight charges, track missing or lost shipments, and arrange for the return of GMP items via Returned Goods Authorization process.
- Coordinate with GMP Repair departments to provide customer price and delivery on GMP factory-serviced items in accordance with the GMP repair policy.
- Fill out order or contract forms, determine prices for products requested, prepare change of address records, and maintain COM software and customer master files.
- Maintain, update, and add all customer account contact profiles into the Customer Relations Management (CRM) database for the sales department.
Once the training period is completed, you will move to the Sales Representative position and will:
- Drive incremental sales growth with distributors and end-user accounts in the assigned territory.
- Build relationships with key decision-makers to maximize product sales and new product adoption.
- Schedule demonstrations at end‐user job sites and communicate feedback to sales and product management.
- Attend local and national industry trade shows.
A high school diploma is required. A college degree and a minimum of one (1) year of related business experience is preferred. Basic knowledge of PRMS, AS400, BOSS, Varsity are preferred. Qualified candidates must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple tasks and interruptions, and utilize time management skills to prioritize throughout the business day. Ability to utilize basic and ad hoc reporting. Ability to identify system issues and escalate to the appropriate department. Demonstrate ability to analyze and solve problems of routine scope and complexity. Ability to organize and prioritize work volume to meet deadlines and achieve results.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls, please.