General Machine Products, a Klein Tools company, located in Suburban Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is a manufacturer of a wide range of products for the telecommunications, power utility and cable television industries, and the contractors who serve them. The Production Planner plans and prepares production schedules for manufacture of GMP telecommunications & utility construction products by performing the following duties.
Plans and prepares production schedules for manufacture of GMP telecommunications & utility construction products by performing the following duties.
- Create Manufacturing Shop Orders using MRP, Reorder Points and/or customer shortage computer reports for all GMP items except Winch and Buy/Sell product lines. Review and update all open shop orders as needed.
- Create Material Requisitions for Purchasing, including quantities and required dates.
- Adjust MLI requirements for MRP runs, and update CRP date schedules and MRP.
- Organize week’s Material Pick Lists and release to Warehouses when components are available.
- Approve Manufacturing Shop Order Closed Summaries and correct material issue errors as necessary.
- Expedite Shop Orders that are late or required earlier than planned.
- Complete all Customer Order request date reports.
- Re-plan Finished Goods item replenishment dates by moving in or out, including all components when conditions change, e.g. late components, quality issues, lost business, Returned Goods Authorizations.
- Approve all Requisitions for issues from Parts or Finished Goods Warehouses.
- Provide information as requested by Sales/Marketing, Manufacturing, Purchasing, etc.
- Complete Routings, Item Masters, and Bills of Material Forms as changes are required.
- Issue all Steel received, or have steel stock issued.
- Process Engineering Change Notices (ECN’s) and supply new work packets as needed.
- Prepare for and attend Weekly Production Scheduling Meeting.
- Resupply the “P” and “R” warehouses by transferring parts or creating shop orders.
- Update MRP Unit Forecast.
- Review Monthly Inventory Fluctuations.
- Process and load new products.
- Complete ISO “Lost Business” Forms and act on recommendations.
- Acts as a backup for Production Control Coordinator during absences.
- Review & approve monthly lead time update report.
- Direct the taking and recording of the Annual Physical Inventory.
- Load MRP and CRP for annual forecasts and budgets.
- Attend meetings and training seminars as necessary.
- Review Inventory for Excesses or Obsolescence.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or three to six years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with computerized MRP II Systems, as well as PC spreadsheet skills are required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to read blueprints.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS