SIDEWINDER 42 INCH CAPSTAN FIBER OPTIC PULLER
The GMP SideWinder Trailer-Mounted Fiber Optic Puller has been designed to exceed the requirements of installing underground telecommunication cables, and high-density fiber by employing a 42 in. diameter single capstan to provide a controlled force to the pulling rope or tape.
The single capstan allows the winch to be placed at the midpoint of a section to assist in the pull, thus enabling longer pulls.
The Sidewinder’s capstan is angled at 30° to be used to figure 8 the cable
- Controls are operator-friendly and very simple to use. A spring-centered lever controls the direction of rotation of the capstan, while a detented lever engages the take-drum drive. A control knob is used to limit the rope/cable tension using the panel-mounted tension indicator.
- The winch is mounted on a sturdy all-steel fabricated chassis. It is equipped with torsional suspension axles, stabilizing prop legs, a front telescopic jockey wheel, and a tow bar with a Lunette Ring
- At 1500 lbs., the unit is easily pulled by a standard pickup truck
- The power source is a Commercial grade Honda GX390 gasoline engine
- The engine drives the fixed displacement tandem-mounted hydraulic pumps. One pump powers a hydraulic motor through an in-line planetary gearbox to the capstan; while the second pump drives the rope take-up drum through a hydraulic motor. The hydraulic pump is attached to the engine via a bell housing and flexible coupling.
- The hydraulic oil tank is fitted with double filtration protection, sight glass, and filler/breather
- The rope take-up drum is removable and can be split to enable the removal of the rope. The capstan can be rotated through 90° on a swivel bracket from the inline working position to the transverse transit position when in tow. When the winch is in working mode, the rear props are extended out of the chassis to provide greater stability.
- Keywords related to this product include Trailer trailer-mounted winch, Fiber Optic Puller, Cable Pulling Trailer, Pull and assist Winch, high density-fiber and Trailer Mounted Fiber Cable Puller
The Electric start SideWinder (P/N 70751) has these extras:
- An electric key start GX390 Honda engine along with the choke and throttle is located at the operator’s control panel, safely placing all controls away from the moving pulling line.
- Quick disconnect hydraulics allows the operator to utilize the SideWinder’s output hydraulic output to power a number of options like a hydraulic dewatering pump or a Tornado Fiber Optic Blowing machine.
42″ Capstan if Sidewinder was delivered before April 1st 2023. P/N 37746
42″ Capstan if Sidewinder was delivered after May 1st 2023 P/N 37829
If your Sidewinder was delivered during April 2023, please contact customer service to determine your correct capstan.
Replacement retrofit to adapt new capstan to pre April 1st 2023 Sidewinder P/N 36579
Instructions for 36579
P/N 70751Electric Start SideWinder Pull and Assist Winch with 42-inch capstan Weight 1500 lbs.
|Max. Pulling Capacity||600 lbs||(272kg)|
|Max. Rope Speed||262 ft/min||(80m/min)|
|Capstan Diameter||42 in.||(1067mm)|
|Overall Width:||69 in.||(1753mm)|
|Weight: ||1500 lbs.||(680kg)|
|Hitch Coupling:||Lunette Ring (Pintle Eye) (P/N 32672)
|Lighting Adapter:||7-Pole RV Blade Type (P/N 29399) Supplied as standard|
|Power Supply:||Honda GX390 13 HP, Recoil Start, Overhead Valve, Cast Iron Cylinder Sleeve, 1.5 Gallon tank|
|Load indication:||Calibrated gauge bezel|
|Main Drive:||Fixed displacement tandem pumps to fixed displacement high torque motors.|
|Gear Box:||In-line planetary gearbox (capstan drive)|