CAPSTAN DRIVE – Discontinued
The Capstan Drive gives your mobile hydraulic equipment the capacity to run our line of power reels and capstans. So, even when your vehicle doesn’t have a winch, you can still afford the benefits of GMP’s highly productive cable placing tools, like our 32 in. Torque Limiting Capstan or our universal C.R. Reel, using this economical device.
- Our Capstan Drive features a Bell standard 2 7/16 in. (62mm) bayonet shaft and a highly efficient planetary gear reduction that rotates on roller bearings and is powered by a compact, continuous duty single stage motor
- A multi-disc wet brake that’s spring applied and hydraulically released is rated for the unit’s full pulling load. Plus, we have designed a built-in bidirectional counterbalance valve to give you “feathering” control over the load movement in either direction.
- At maximum flow of 15 gpm (57l/m) and operating pressure of 2250 psi (15500kPa), the capstan shaft can achieve 58 rpm and develops 13,000 in. lbs. #(1469N-m) of torque. That translates into the following line speeds and line pulls:
Device Line Speed
Line Pull lbs. (kN) 7 in. Capstan
106 (32.4) 3,250 (14.45) C.R. Reel 304 (92.6) 1,300 (5.78) 25 in. Capstan 380 (115.7) 900* (4.00*) 32 in. Capstan 486 (148.1) 700* (3.11*)
* Line pull limited to 600 lbs. (2.76 kN) typical clutch setting
- 8.50 in. square mounting face with four mounting holes for 5/8 in. bolts on 7/16 in. centers
- Foot mount with four tapped holes for 3/4 -10 UNC bolts
- Bell standard 2 7/16 in. (62mm) bayonet shaft
- SAE No. 8 ports
- Compact 16 x 8.50 x 8.50 in. envelope (+ 7.73 in. shaft length)
- Optional Control Valve
P/N 70025 Type: 3-position, 4-way motor spool
P/N 70329 Capstan Drive Weight: 125 lbs. (57kgs)
WARNING: This Capstan Drive is not designed for nor intended for use in moving or lifting people.
1. The fill and vent port should always be located atop the capstan, relative to the method of mounting
2. Maximum flow rate 15 GPM
3. Maximum operating pressure 2,250 PSI