E LADDER SUPPORT
The Model E Ladder Support is used for supporting the upper end of an extension ladder away from the cable and strand.
- Can be used on any wooden or fiberglass extension ladder up to 18 in. (46cm) wide, with side rails up to 2 1/8 in. (54mm) wide, and on any 1/4 in. to 7/16 in. (6-11mm) diameter strand
- Consists of two screw clamp assemblies, grooved to fit the strand and permanently attached to a U shaped aluminum alloy member with a single rail fitting. Also includes a safety rope and two tether chains
- There are three different versions of the Model E Ladder Support. The arms on the larger version extend 33 1/2 in. (85cm) from the strand providing working clearance for splicing tools and jigs. The two smaller versions have shorter arms for when your work calls for a closer extension from the cable 28 1/2 in. (60cm) and 23 1/2 in. (72cm) respectively.
- The Model E Ladder support’s U Shaped member has a screw clamp assembly at each end. Each assembly in turn has its own tether chain, and can accommodate either lashed or ring supported cable installations without disturbing the cable itself.
- The clamp assembly will also fit on any self support cable where the messenger is 1/4 in. (6mm) dia. or greater. There is also a rope connected to the center of the member for tying off the support to a rung on your ladder.
Before you get on any ladder, make sure it is positioned well away from any potential conductors… and that it is completely stable and secure. Once you’re on the ladder, secure yourself to it, following the practice that applies to your work.
|86350||Model E Ladder Support with 33 1/2 in. Extension||10 lbs. (4.5kg)|
|86353||Model E Ladder Support with 28 1/2 in. Extension||10 lbs. (4.5kg)|
|86351||Model E Ladder Support with 23 1/2 in. Extension||10 lbs. (4.5kg)|