RATCHETING CABLE CUTTER
The ratcheting cable cutter is designed especially for cutting communications cable up to 3 3/8 in. (85mm) in diameter. Because of their small size, they are extremely popular for cutting cable in tight spots like manholes, ditches or riser closets.
- They are ideal for cutting soft (annealed) copper conductor cable with maximum capacity including 1800 pair 24 AWG or 2700 pair 26 AWG communications cables
- The cutter incorporates a ratchet and pawl mechanism that is ground and hardened for years of clean cuts
- The ratchet mechanism features reversible two-speed cutting (fast action/low leverage or normal action/high leverage) for extra power
- Its 19 in. (483mm) length lets you get in tight spots
- The cutting blades are made from precision ground, high alloy tool steel for long life, and a special hardening process to keep cutting edges sharp
- To inhibit rust, the cutter head has a black oxide finish
- The handles are powder coated for durability and long life
- Cushioned hand grips have a textured surface reducing fatigue and grip pressure.
- To facilitate fast closing onto smaller diameter cables, a thumb button on the left handle is pushed up, allowing the handles to open fully to advance the ratchet more teeth per stroke. This button is also effective for quickly opening the blades.
- For greatest leverage, the ratchet can advance one tooth with each closing stroke
- The cutters are furnished with a full grain leather scabbard to protect the cutter head during storage
Warning: Never use this tool to cut electrically live wire, steel or steel reinforced cable. Severe injury may result.
|75250||Ratcheting Cable Cutter||3 1/2 lbs. (1.6kg)|
|75251||Replacement scabbard (cover)||5 oz. (142g)|