STAINLESS STEEL LASHING WIRE
Stainless Steel Lashing Wire is used in a lashing machine to lash a single aerial cable or a combination of cables to a supporting messenger strand.
- A specially controlled annealing process yields a uniform, fine grain structure throughout wire length and cross section for best results
- The GMP lashing wire is packaged as 6 coils per carton for your ordering convenience
- Is available in a 430, 302, and 316 stainless steel alloy
- All lashing wire is wound in a straight hub configuration to fit all the standard GMP lashes
Type 430 Stainless
- Low carbon, 17% chromium wire
- Suitable for general use and in ordinary atmospheric exposure
- Will acquire only a dark surface stain
- Specifically not recommended for use within 25 miles of salt water or industrial operations which emit pollutants
Type 302 Stainless
- 18% chromium, 8% nickel analysis
- This wire has excellent resistance to corrosion from industrial atmospheres
- Its higher tensile strength and breaking load are an added benefit
- A .038 in. diameter Type 302 wire provides strength equal to a .045 in. type 430 wire with better ductility (easier bending and unwinding) and better elongation (less chance of wire breakage from stress)
Type 316 Stainless
- Modified 18-10 analysis containing approximately 2.5% molybdenum
- More resistant to the corrosive action of most chemicals, including chlorides and sulfides, than any other wire
- Particularly resistant to pitting and pin hole corrosion of the kind commonly caused by salt spray
- Its use provides the best insurance against failure under the most severe atmospheric conditions
Buying tip: When estimating the length of lashing wire required for a cable run, add the following amounts to the length of the run for single lashing.
|Add||For Cables Up to|
|5%||1 1/2 in. dia.|
|10%||1 1/2 in. to 3 in. dia.|
|20%||Over 3 in. dia.|
|P/N||Alloy||Dia.||Ft. Coil||Mtr. Coil||Wt. Coil|
|P/N||Coil Dia.||Coil Width||Coil Pkg.||Note|
|71530||5.38 in.||1.81 in.||6||1|
|71531||5.38 in.||1.81 in.||6||3|
|71532||4.50 in.||1.75 in.||6||2|
|71533||5.38 in.||1.81 in.||6||1|
|71534||5.38 in.||1.81 in.||6||1|
|71535||5.38 in.||1.81 in.||6||1|
1. Fits standard C, C2, J2 and Apollo Lasher.
2. Fits G Lasher or C2 and J2 with .065 Modification.
3. For B Lasher only.
For wire types other than shown above consult the factory.