Celebrating 80 Years of Excellence as a premier, worldwide supplier of specialty tools and equipment for the outside plant marketplace.
Decades of proven durability.
Our value that will be there, long after the sale.
Founded by engineer George M. Pfundt in 1936, GMP started George M. Pfundt operations in a downtown Philadelphia building as a specialty machine shop doing work for the local Bell Telephone company and for the electric utility company. GMP expanded to a production shop after landing a contract with Western Electric Company and, subsequently, forming a close relationship with Bell Telephone Laboratories in Murray Hill, N.J., which enabled it to manufacture prototypes of products for experimental use within the Bell System.
Having outgrown the original factory building, the company built a 100,000 square foot plant in Trevose, PA (a Philadelphia suburb) and moved there in 1957. Today GMP is recognized as a premier worldwide supplier of specialty tools and equipment for the outside plant marketplace. The company’s products are known for their robust design and durability to withstand many years of frequent use.
GMP continues to make investments in new product R&D, state-of-the-art manufacturing, quality assurance, distribution and inventory-control techniques, and physical plant, in order to maintain its manufacturing leadership position and its continuing ability to anticipate and meet the changing needs of work crews in the field who rely on the ruggedness, dependability, practicality, and safety of GMP equipment. As our quality policy statement affirms: “GMP supplies defect-free products and services, on time, which meet its customers’ expectations.”